Hi Beautiful Souls
I am going to share with you an area l am passionate about and am personally affected by. This is Adrenal Fatigue. What is it you ask?
I could write a massive blog on this (like a massive essay) however don't want to over load or have you falling asleep. Will put it in a number of blogs, including how it has affected me to the point of autoimmune disease and the impact it has had on my life. Through sharing my journey l want to help others avoid their adrenal fatigue getting to autoimmune disease state.
What are Adrenal Glands?
The above picture shows your adrenals are little glands above your kidneys. They aren't that big however they do a massive job in your body. Here are just a few things they do:
- Produce the hormone cortisol. Cortisol helps regulate your metabolism, sugar levels and blood pressure
- Produce sex hormones.
- Produce corticosteriods. These you can not live without as it controls our sleep/wake cycle, suppress inflammation and generate energy
- Produce mineralocorticoids. Aldosterone aids in regulating our fluid and mineral excretion. Hence why you could be peeing a lot!
- Produce hormones to deal with stress
This is a short and simplified version. I like simple, to me it makes sense and l get it! Complicate it and l am off with the fairies.
Purpose of Adrenal Glands
Their purpose is to help the body cope with internal and external stress.
That sounds pretty simple, right? It kind of is until you start over using them and you start running low on cortisol. When this occurs adrenal fatigue starts to set in. Not many people are aware of Adrenal Fatigue however just about everyone has had adrenal fatigue at one stage in their life and some all their life.
Just a few signs and symptoms (will post a more extensive list in another post):
- Weight gain. Can't wait to go into this more. Will make sense to why even though doing all the so called "right things" and that weight just won't budge
- Fatigue. I am not talking about feeling tired. I am talking about no matter how much you sleep, you still feel like you have had no sleep at all. Sound familiar? Trouble getting to sleep and waking up during the night
- Sugar cravings. Salt cravings
- Your body aches
- Low sex drive! Yep there is a reason why this occurs and yes stress is the biggest cause. Sex hormones are controlled by the adrenal glands
- Mild depression. This includes anxiety, irritability, anger and resentment to name a few
- Low blood pressure
- Frequent infections and a struggle to overcome
- PMS, hot flushes
Ok that short list was a bit longer then l thought however it is still a short list of Adrenal Fatigue.
Can you relate to this list??? For the extended list click here
This is a short blog on your adrenal glands. Stay tuned for information on Adrenal Fatigue, Stages of Adrenal Fatigue and link to autoimmune disease, what you can do, my story and much more!
My passion and goal is to help energise women and have a better state of wellness!
Looking forward to sharing and empowering you on your way to you wellness!!!
"I receive great inspiration and clearer guidance to what l should be doing and where l should be going with my life. I love the encouragement support and love" ~ Karen
Create By Belle Cornish